Pages

30 December 2011

Wanted: New Lenses

I am no photographer. Feelingera lang ako mashado. What I mean is I know that owning a dSLR (yes, it is kind of a big deal... for now) for amateurs such as the canon T3 does not make me a pro with photography. Although, as I am using (and abusing) my T3 on this super awesome Christmas vacation, I am getting the hang of it... And I am getting very, VERY addicted to it.

In short, I am loving taking photographs with a dSLR.

I remember some years ago when I first heard about, and saw a dSLR, I swore to myself that I will never get one. I thought it was too bulky and it was such a hassle to carry such a big camera around. Especially when people can just have the small and easy-to-carry-around digital cameras. Yes, I was a bit of a lazy person when it comes to carrying stuff around. Ughhh.

I am not so sure when it happened but I somehow... saw the light. A bit too cheesy, I know. Please forgive me.

Somewhere along the road (hihi), I realized that the compact digital cameras are not enough to satisfy my craving for creativity. Digicams are easy to use, yes. Point and shoot. Point and shoot. Bam, bam, bam! Then viola! By the end of the day, you are surprised by the hundreds of photos you took that *ahem* lack creativity and art. No offense to digicam users. I am just telling you how I felt back then.

Point is, now that I learned most of the things that I have to learn with using my basic dSLR, I feel like I want to move to the next level. Kumbaga sa video games, gusto ko na ma-level up. Taking photographs with my T3 with the basic lens that came with it is fun and all that, but now... I want to explore that magic of my T3 more.

To do that, I need more accessories. And by accessories, I mean LENSES!

Seriously, what is the point of owning a dSLR without a special oh-so-awesome lens?

So for now, I will look for deals and canvas for new lenses, which meant saving for them as well.

Here are the lenses that will be added to my wish list:

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM - USD 1,279


Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-6 IS USM - USD 649.99

Lens prices are based on CanonUSA.com website.

I need some moneh! Yes, I am good with spellign. LOL.

These lenses are... are... expensive, yes? Hopefully they will be worth it. Now how do I fit in my dream Newtonian reflector telescope in my budget? Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! So many things to buy, so little money I have! Hahaha!

By the way guys, I will be packing tomorrow (or later technically because it is already 12:55 AM Guam time). Yours truly will be flying to the Philippines for a two weeks vacay. Excited much? Ahhhrrrmmmm... No comment. :)

This ends here!

xoxo,

Tintin

No comments:

Post a Comment