Pages

25 December 2011

Noche Buena Bunch

Merry Christmas everyone!

How was your Noche Buena?

Well...

For my family and I, the tradition of preparing foods for Noche Buena is long gone. It had been replaced with eating at a hotel buffet. Please do not get me wrong. I miss grocery shopping for queso de bola, ham, pasta, and my favorite buco salad. I must say, nothing beats spending Christmas in Philippines.

I miss the persistent carolers. Kahit makulit sila at paulit ulit ang kinakanta, nakakamiss pa rin.

I also miss waiting for the twelfth hour to open my gifts.

Like I said, I miss preparing the meals for Noche Buena... And waiting for twelve midnight to eat and celebrate with the entire family.

Aaaand I also miss waiting for Santa. It was in fourth grade when I kind of realized Santa is never coming even though we put a chimney in our house.

Anyway, my family and I had dinner at Guam Reef Hotel's Alize - a buffet restaurant and bar. I must admit, I was not exactly satisfied with Alize's service and food tonight. Guam Reef's buffet used to be really, REALLY good. I am not saying it was bad. All I'm saying is it was not as good as it used to be.

Guam Reef Hotel's Alize - Restaurant and Bar
I brought my Canon T3 (again!) to practice (again!) with my new baby. Heehee. Forgive me. There is a reason I have to practice taking shots with this dSLR. You will soon find out. I'm guessing there is no need for me to say that I was kinda the photographer of the night.

Here are more photographs that I took:

John who just loves his chocolate dipped marshmallows

Round one... Fight!

I just loooove desserts. Ooh Lah Lah!
Tiramisu, coffee cake, apple pie. Yumyumyummeh!
Some photographs of Alize and Guam Reef Hotel:

Pool side

Some pretty lights

The beach at night

Had to take a photo of the unlimited alcoholic drinks
for people who are 21 years and older... like me. haha!

Nothing. Just a little fountain. :)
Some more photos of ze cute little bro...


Uncle and Auntie... Uncle does not look very happy.
Hmmmmmmmm...
Because no one wants to take my pic, I'll take it myself! Hahaha!

Me and T3
A family picture! Hehehe. This one's taken by a nice waitress, by the way.

How's this for a family pic? Uncle still does not look very
happy...
And what's a holiday slash a celebration without an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery? Haha! Christmas truly is a fattening holiday, eh?


I guess that's about it. Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment