Pages

20 December 2011

The Looney Tunes Show

"Eh, what's up doc?"


Guess what is up people, The Looney Tunes Show is back! Yay!

Being a fan of this cartoon series since I was a child, I was really excited to find out that the Looney Tunes is back on television. However, as I watched the first episode of the cartoon, I kinda thought: "Eh, what's up with all these changes, doc?!"

First of all, let me point out the obvious changes the producers, script writers, and directors have changed in the new Looney Tunes Show. First of all, viewers will notice that Bugs Bunny does not live in a hole anymore. He has a nice big house that is complete with all the technologies available today such as a big fridge, a cordless phone, a flatscreen TV, and many others! Second, Bugs and Daffy are not sworn enemies anymore who are out to get each other. They are, as how the first episode says it: Besties! Who would have thought the day Daffy and Bugs live under the same roof would come? Quite an interesting and surprising twist, is it not?

Third, the drawings of the characters are quite different from the original. Look and see the difference between these two photos of Bugs Bunny:

THEN...
NOW!!

You be the judge of which version of the drawing you like better.

Another change people would notice is that Martian is not exactly a, well, martian anymore. Apparently, he's a foreign exchange student now. Also, Gossamer became the Witch's son. And guess what? Gossamer goes to a school for humans, knows how to sing and has self esteem issues! How drastic could these changes get? I could go on and on about the differences between the old Looney Tunes and The Looney Tunes Show have, but I am leaving those difference and changes for you to figure out if you ever decide to watch the cartoon.

But one of the changes that makes me quite disappointed is the change they made with Lola Bunny. When Lola was introduced in Space Jam (a movie that starred the Looney Tunes characters and Michael Jordan), she was this very pretty, sexy, intelligent and sizzling hot bunny that Bugs automatically fell for. But in the new Looney Tunes Show, Lola is the cute, brainless, Bugs-obsessed bunny who has a very short attention span. Oh, and did I mention she's kind of annoying too? Further, it is not Bugs Bunny who is head over heels for Lola Bunny. It is, sadly, the other way around.

I apologize if I spoiled the cartoon series and if I somehow put it in a bad light. The Looney Tunes Show is not so bad at all. I mean, I do not like all of the episodes and I do not find most episodes as hilarious as the old Looney Tunes, but it's still good. In fact, one of the episodes that I actually liked is the episode entitled Double Date. (Click here to watch the episode.) I'm sorry but no stories or summaries for that episode because I think i have spoiled you way too much by giving away some of the changes in the cartoon.

To conclude this post, I would like to warn you that there are way too many changes in the new Looney Tunes Show. You may or may not like it. You be the judge. But I think, these changes are made so that this generation's techie viewer kids could actually relate to the cartoon. For whatever purposes the changes would serve the Looney Tunes, I think we should just trust the producers and every one behind the making of this cartoon. The changes are made for some reason... Some good reason, I hope and suppose.

Random Rant: Lola Bunny could really use a little more brain. Really. After watching a clip from Space Jam, even my nine year old brother mentioned that he preferred the very smart Lola.

Hmm... I guess that is about it so...

"That's all folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment