Pages

07 October 2011

Farewell Mr. Steve Jobs

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true." - Steve Jobs, co-founder, chairman, chief executive officer, and former CEO of Apple Inc.


Everyone's talking about him. The screen flashes his face every time I open my browser. Both the television and radio broadcast his death.


The news is unavoidable.


Steve Jobs is gone.


Now what's the big deal? I learned about his death a couple of hours ago yet I still refuse to believe that he's gone. A part of me convinces me that it's all a conspiracy - that he's actually alive somewhere and enjoying how the mass reacts at his "death." But somehow, due to all the talk that I have been hearing from various forms of media, I feel that his death is as true as the media claims it to be.


As of this moment, I am using one of Steve Jobs' most innovative creations (or at least I believe that it is) - the Macbook Pro. And somehow, I could not help but feel that I have a certain weird connection with him. It saddens me to know that the maker of the laptop that I use every single day has passed away. I know that a lot of people know this but I still believe that the Macbooks are the best laptops available in the market. And honestly, after having to purchase one, I knew that my 13 inch Macbook Pro was worth every single penny I spent. So far, I haven't had regrets for buying this laptop.


Back to Steve Jobs.


I admired Apple products, but I guess without Steve Jobs, Apple Inc. will not be the same Apple Inc. that we know today. His creativity, his innovation, and his genius paved the way for my generation to enjoy the kind of technology that we have today.


I am guessing this is the part where I have to cut my dramatic post so that it does not get too dramatic.


Mr. Steve Jobs, you serve as an inspiration for all of us, and your genius will never be forgotten. Because of you, I now swear to be "forever hungry and forever foolish."


Farewell and thank you Mr. Steve Jobs. May you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment