Pages

10 August 2011

Reminiscing Day 2-3 of Singapore Tour

On my second day in Singapore, my best friend and I went to Sentosa. To go to Sentosa, we rode on cable cars. At first, I thought it was a really awesome ride until my best friend pointed out that it was a little scary – we were sitting on a vehicle that is a hundred feet higher that the ground. That was when I felt a little uneasy. But then, it was still a fun and exciting ride.

Tin on train (:

Inside the cable car
The tour around Sentosa, was, again, tiring. We got to see the largest Merlion on Singapore. We also got to go to the candy stores; there were so many of them. But the best place we went to was Universal Studios. The entrance fee was a little expensive; it was SGD 72 for a person. Because we bought some chocolates before we went to Universal Studios, we had to rent a locker, which cost about SGD 10 for an all day pass.

The largest Merlion
Life size candies
We had a lot of fun at the Universal Studios. We got to see a live 1950s kind of show from the Mel’s Dinettes. They looked like Barbie dressed in cotton candy. But I thought they were really good performers. Then, we went to see our first musical, although it only lasted for twenty-five minutes. The musical was titled Monster Rock if I remember it right. It was prohibited to take videos and pictures so I was not able to take a shot of the cute boy leading the show, and the hot vampire who looked like Orlando Bloom. *squeals*


The huge Universal globe

My favorite photo. Glerren and Tin with Woody Woodpecker!
The Mel's Dinettes
Gee and Tin waiting for the musical to start
Then we rode on the Human (red) Battlestar Galactica ride. It was exciting and scary. I think I almost blew my throat screaming for my life. We also got to try the Cylon (blue) ride later that afternoon.

The Battlestar Galactica rides - Cylon (blue) and Human (red)
We went around the Universal Studio the rest of the day. We watched Donkey from Shrek perform “live.” We also got to watch the characters from Madagascar dance.

Far Far Away Castle
Tin and King Julien from Madagascar
After we left Universal Studios, we tried Garrett Popcorn – one of Oprah’s favorite things. The first time I tasted it, the first word that came to my mind was “heavenly.” It was so good!

When I realized that the day was ending, I started to feel sad because I knew it would take another couple of months before I can be with my best friend again. Although I tried to have fun and enjoy the rest of the day, I still felt a tinge of pain every time I thought about my upcoming departure.

The following day came, which meant that I had to leave. While on our way to the airport, I was just feeling a little sad. It was when Glerren left that I actually felt very sad. Then, it was when I was on the plane when my tears really fell. The realization that I would have to wait for another couple of months before I see her again finally sunk in. And yes, right at this moment, I am missing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment